To mitigate the risk of a recurring outbreak of COVID-19 infections as people return to work, CityMD is offering a corporate return-to-work evaluation for employees.
Please note that in order to send employees in for this testing, you must have a CityMD Occupational Medicine employer account.
1. Non-test-based clearance:
Physical evaluation and clearance note if employee meets the following CDC criteria to return to work after a COVID-19 infection:
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and,
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared or, for asymptomatic patients with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19, since the date of their first positive COVID-19 diagnostic test
2. Test-based clearance:
Employee must meet the same criteria as non-test-based clearance with additional requirement of an FDA EUA COVID-19 molecular assay for detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA as follows:
- PCR Nasal Swab Test, which identifies the virus in sample from the respiratory system, returns negative results (currently a 5 to 7 day turnaround, but can take longer depending on lab partner and other factors.)
- For healthcare workers, two negative results of a COVID-19 PCR Nasal Swab Test (“two-step”) are collected at least 24 hours apart
- IgG Antibody Serology Test, which indicates whether the patient most likely has been exposed to the virus and developed antibodies, can also be ordered (minimum 7 day turnaround)
In order to access these services, your company MUST have an Occupational Medicine employer account with CityMD. For more information on CityMD’s COVID-19 Return-To-Work Program, or to set your company up for these services, please contact your dedicated Account Manager or our Occupational Medicine Team at (866) MY-CITYMD or at email@example.com.