Effective Aug. 9, 2021, CityMD is resuming its virtual line system at all locations. This system allows us to safely accommodate the increase in patient visits for typical urgent care needs and COVID-19 testing. It also provides you a more convenient experience by eliminating the need to wait in a physical line outside a CityMD location.
IMPORTANT: Due to high patient demand at our sites, you may experience longer than expected virtual line wait times. We apologize for any future inconvenience this may cause. Our team is working hard to register all patients in a safe and socially distanced manner.
If you’re new to the CityMD virtual line process or need a refresher, here’s how it works:
1. Upon arriving at CityMD, go to the front desk and let our team know the reason for your visit.
2. A front desk team member will take your name and mobile phone number and provide you with an estimated wait time.
3. You will receive a welcome text message from CityMD. You’re then free to wait in your car, home or another location for an update from us. Your welcome text message will include a link where you can see what spot you are in line.
4. When you have reached the front of the virtual line you will receive another text message asking that you come back to the CityMD location within 30 minutes to complete your registration.
5. Once you’ve returned to the CityMD location, visit the front desk again to confirm your arrival and complete registration.
Please note the following:
1. Please make every effort to return to your CityMD location within 30 minutes of receiving your return-to-office notification. We will move on to the next patient after 30 minutes, and you will then need to re-enter the virtual line.
2. Every patient is our priority, and we’re committed to providing thorough care as quickly as possible. If you believe you are experiencing a life-threatening condition, please alert our team or call 911.
3. The virtual line text messaging system offers a Spanish language option.
Find a CityMD location near you.